Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem getting Legacy into Families
I followed the instructions to transfer my Legacy data file into Families but when the file is opened in Families, it is empty. I followed it exactly until I got to the part about going to "View" in Itunes. There was no "View" option in Itunes.

I hooked up my Ipad to my PC (Version 7). and did what it instructed, but the file is still empty.

Bad day - hours spend working on this.

Jane
(20-Jun-2014, 08:18 PM)janem444 Wrote: I followed the instructions to transfer my Legacy data file into Families but when the file is opened in Families, it is empty. I followed it exactly until I got to the part about going to "View" in Itunes. There was no "View" option in Itunes.

I hooked up my Ipad to my PC (Version 7). and did what it instructed, but the file is still empty.

Jane

Have you viewed the pages at http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/howto ? You may find it easier performing the transfer using Wi-Fi.

Malcolm Green
I use families sync on the pc to transfer from the pc to my Ipad. The options allow you to specify Android or IOS.

You can get families sync from

http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/sync/

Peter
I did use Family sync. First I tried the wireless transfer. when that didn't work I tried the Itunes transfer. Neither worked. It is just me. I can bumble around and do most things, but I am not very good at it. I did follow the directions as best I could however.
I run families sync on the PC having connected my Ipad to the PC via a USB port. Families Sync asks you to select a legacy data file, then converts the file to SQL Lite format The program then copies the converted file to the Ipad.

Families displays progress information on the PC.

Peter

I got a message from the sync program: Click "add" at the bottom of the Families Documents list in Itunes" When I go to Itunes there is no such list. Where the heck is it talking about? Itunes or App Store? How do I get to the place where the Families Documents List is?

Jane

(20-Jun-2014, 08:18 PM)janem444 Wrote: I followed the instructions to transfer my Legacy data file into Families but when the file is opened in Families, it is empty. I followed it exactly until I got to the part about going to "View" in Itunes. There was no "View" option in Itunes.

Jane

Connect your device to the PC using the USB cable. Run iTunes and select your device under the DEVICES section:

This is the instructions. I do not find anything that includes "DEVICES" in any list in Itunes. Can someone tell me what site it is talking about. Run Itunes just takes me to music to buy.

Jane
(20-Jun-2014, 11:10 PM)janem444 Wrote: I got a message from the sync program: Click "add" at the bottom of the Families Documents list in Itunes" When I go to Itunes there is no such list. Where the heck is it talking about? Itunes or App Store? How do I get to the place where the Families Documents List is?

Jane

Jane

Connect your device to the PC using the USB cable. Run iTunes and select your device under the DEVICES section:

This is the instructions. I do not find anything that includes "DEVICES" in any list in Itunes. Can someone tell me what site it is talking about. Run Itunes just takes me to music to buy.

Jane

Ensure you have the iTunes sidebar displayed (View>Show Sidebar) and that your device is shown in the Sidebar when you connect it via USB. Select your device, select the Apps tab, select the Families app then scroll down to the bottom to see the Add button.

Malcolm Green
Using a Windows 7 PC, Itunes and Families Sync (2.0.3.0) and Ipad IOS 7

Sync via USB if much faster than WiFi

This method works for me

1 Connect the Ipad to the PC with the usb cable

Run Families Sync on the pc and the first screen reads

Write Family File to Device
and
Read Family File from Device

Check radio button for write is selected and press next

Choose the Family File (.fdb) in the usual Windows Explorer window
Click open

The screen displays Converting (file name) to SqLite:tblBR plus a progress bar

The next screen says Prepare to Transfer File: with 5 options

Simply click next (at the bottom of the window)

Launch Itunes and select Apps, scroll to the bottom and select Families

The add file button will appear. Click Add file and then locate the sqlite file and choose open.

Peter

nice one