Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't see attached PDF files
I have many documents as pdf files but I don't see them when they are attached to the individual (I don't see even a thumbnail). How can I view this on my tablet?

I'm using Legacy 8 + Families 2.1 on a Samsung 7" tablet

Thank you
(01-Jul-2014, 06:19 AM)alex2545 Wrote: I have many documents as pdf files but I don't see them when they are attached to the individual (I don't see even a thumbnail). How can I view this on my tablet?

I'm using Legacy 8 + Families 2.1 on a Samsung 7" tablet

Thank you

Ensure that "Copy Documents" is checked in Families Sync's Options>Settings. You may also need to adjust "Maximum Document Size".

Malcolm Green
Thank you very much, that helps for some. However, it doesn't show my media (jpg or pdf) when it is attached to a source. This is only intermittently--some show, some don't. Is this a known problem?
(01-Jul-2014, 03:11 PM)alex2545 Wrote: Thank you very much, that helps for some. However, it doesn't show my media (jpg or pdf) when it is attached to a source. This is only intermittently--some show, some don't. Is this a known problem?

No, this has not been reported. Please check the log panel in Families Sync for any errors relating to media files which cannot be located, or any document files which have not been transferred because they exceed the maximum size.

Malcolm Green
(01-Jul-2014, 03:20 PM)malgre Wrote: No, this has not been reported. Please check the log panel in Families Sync for any errors relating to media files which cannot be located, or any document files which have not been transferred because they exceed the maximum size.

Malcolm Green

Ok, I'll do that. What exactly does the maximum size refer to? I pushed as high as it would go - to 20. What is that, 20MB?

(01-Jul-2014, 03:50 PM)alex2545 Wrote:
(01-Jul-2014, 03:20 PM)malgre Wrote: No, this has not been reported. Please check the log panel in Families Sync for any errors relating to media files which cannot be located, or any document files which have not been transferred because they exceed the maximum size.

Malcolm Green

Ok, I'll do that. What exactly does the maximum size refer to? I pushed as high as it would go - to 20. What is that, 20MB?

Yes (that is shown in the help text displayed in the lower yellow panel).

Malcolm Green
Ok, thanks. I checked the log - it shows 3 errors. The 3 media errors do not affect the record that I'm looking at. I'm looking at a marriage source that has a pdf attched to the media tab. The pdf is only 795k, yet it is not showing up in the Families source document position. I have seen others sources like this. What should I do?
(01-Jul-2014, 04:45 PM)alex2545 Wrote: Ok, thanks. I checked the log - it shows 3 errors. The 3 media errors do not affect the record that I'm looking at. I'm looking at a marriage source that has a pdf attched to the media tab. The pdf is only 795k, yet it is not showing up in the Families source document position. I have seen others sources like this. What should I do?

Was the PDF added to Legacy as a Document as opposed to a Picture? If so, it should be displayed OK. Are you sure you're looking in the right place? After selecting the master or detail source record (whichever has the document), the document should be shown under the "Documents" heading.

Malcolm Green
Yes, I'm very sure I attached as a Document and not a picture. I even went through the process again and added as a Document - still, it did not show. So I went back to Legacy and deleted the media from the Master Source & added it to the Detail media tab instead - it worked, I could see it in Families! I located some other entries where the media was added to the Master Source media tab rather than the Detail media tab, and I could not see it. Once I changed the media over to the Source Detail media tab in Legacy, I could then see it in Families. Anyone else have this problem?
(03-Jul-2014, 03:26 AM)alex2545 Wrote: Yes, I'm very sure I attached as a Document and not a picture. I even went through the process again and added as a Document - still, it did not show. So I went back to Legacy and deleted the media from the Master Source & added it to the Detail media tab instead - it worked, I could see it in Families! I located some other entries where the media was added to the Master Source media tab rather than the Detail media tab, and I could not see it. Once I changed the media over to the Source Detail media tab in Legacy, I could then see it in Families. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm afraid I can't reproduce your problem - documents attached to a master source display OK here. All I can suggest is that you send us your SQLite file to supportinfo@telgen.co.uk so that we can investigate. The data will be treated in strict confidence. If you decide to do this, please let us know which record demonstrates the problem.

Malcolm Green