Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving file to SD Card on Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
I'm having trouble moving the SQlite file to my Galaxy Tab 4's SD card. According to Astro File Manager the path for my SD Card is "/storage/extSdCard" I have entered that in the settings for Families as the base folder (without the quotes of course), but it isn't working. All that happens is that the Families program opens and then shuts down. I've tried entering a "/" after "extSdCard" but that hasn't worked. I can bring the file up just fine if it's in my Galaxy's internal storage, just can't when it is moved to the external SD card. I know it's something in the path, but I don't know what is missing. I've seen this thread (http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/forum/s...p?tid=4863), but the Galaxy 4 isn't listed. However, the path seems to be identical to the Galaxy Note.

I'm hoping someone will have some ideas that can help. Thanks in advance.
(02-Jul-2014, 10:38 PM)Manley1534 Wrote: I'm having trouble moving the SQlite file to my Galaxy Tab 4's SD card. According to Astro File Manager the path for my SD Card is "/storage/extSdCard" I have entered that in the settings for Families as the base folder (without the quotes of course), but it isn't working. All that happens is that the Families program opens and then shuts down. I've tried entering a "/" after "extSdCard" but that hasn't worked. I can bring the file up just fine if it's in my Galaxy's internal storage, just can't when it is moved to the external SD card. I know it's something in the path, but I don't know what is missing. I've seen this thread (http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/forum/s...p?tid=4863), but the Galaxy 4 isn't listed. However, the path seems to be identical to the Galaxy Note.

Please try /mnt/extSdCard.

Malcolm Green
Malcolm...thanks for the reply. I have tried /mnt/extSdCard, but that didn'the work. I've tried other variations ... /mnt/storage/extSdCard, /storage/mnt/extSdCard, etc., but nothing seems to work. Most of the time the program just opens and immediately closes...it doesn'the even show the Kennedy sample files. Other times the program opens and shows the sample file, but not the one loaded on the SD card. If I move the file to device storage it works fine, so I know it isn'the a problem with the file itself. I just need to figure out the correct path.

Any other ideas???
(03-Jul-2014, 03:57 PM)Manley1534 Wrote: Malcolm...thanks for the reply. I have tried /mnt/extSdCard, but that didn'the work. I've tried other variations ... /mnt/storage/extSdCard, /storage/mnt/extSdCard, etc., but nothing seems to work. Most of the time the program just opens and immediately closes...it doesn'the even show the Kennedy sample files. Other times the program opens and shows the sample file, but not the one loaded on the SD card. If I move the file to device storage it works fine, so I know it isn'the a problem with the file itself. I just need to figure out the correct path.

Any other ideas???

I assume you have Android 4.4. If so, this link explains the cause of the problem:
http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Basically, Android no longer allows third-party apps to write to the external SD card. Except ... they can write to an application-specific path of the form "Android/data/<package-name>/".

Please try setting Base Folder to:
/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/uk.co.telgen.families/

Malcolm Green
Malcolm...thanks, that worked. There wasn't a folder on the SD card, but once I created it and moved the file to it...it worked!! Thanks so much for your help.
[quote='Manley1534' pid='9939' dateline='1404333492']
I'm having trouble moving the SQlite file to my Galaxy Tab 4's SD card. According to Astro File Manager the path for my SD Card is "/storage/extSdCard" I have entered that in the settings for Families as the base folder (without the quotes of course), but it isn't working. All that happens is that the Families program opens and then shuts down. I've tried entering a "/" after "extSdCard" but that hasn't worked. I can bring the file up just fine if it's in my Galaxy's internal storage, just can't when it is moved to the external SD card. I know it's something in the path, but I don't know what is missing. I've seen this thread (http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/forum/s...p?tid=4863), but the Galaxy 4 isn't listed. However, the path seems to be identical to the Galaxy Note.

I have a Samsung Tablet 4 and I have the same issue. I installed a few programs from Google play and they dont work. THIS IS THE SOLUTION: Upload those files to Google drive. Then from Google drive DOWNLOAD those files again ONE AT A TIME. Then from the file menu cut and paste those files into the sd cARD/// Then erase the files from the galaxy tab internal memory, that will clear a lot of space.
(18-May-2015, 10:42 AM)carlos Wrote: [quote='Manley1534' pid='9939' dateline='1404333492']

I have a Samsung Tablet 4 and I have the same issue. I installed a few programs from Google play and they dont work. THIS IS THE SOLUTION: Upload those files to Google drive. Then from Google drive DOWNLOAD those files again ONE AT A TIME. Then from the file menu cut and paste those files into the sd cARD/// Then erase the files from the galaxy tab internal memory, that will clear a lot of space.

Check the setting "Use External Storage" - that should cause the correct value to be set for the base folder.

Malcolm Green
hi could you please tell me how to set the base folder as im experiencing the same problem many thanks in advance
(26-Jul-2015, 08:17 PM)geepster Wrote: hi could you please tell me how to set the base folder as im experiencing the same problem many thanks in advance

Please see http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/forum/s...p?tid=4863

Malcolm Green
My galaxy tab 4 is full so I decided to transfer videos to 64 gig SD I highlighted video click on move went to SD card made file and clicked move here seemed fine til I returned to device and erased file upon return to SD card file had disappeared and because of erasure on device file was lost don't know problem any advice plans to move many items from amazon kindale app on device to SD card but now ??????? Gotta free space on device as it is slowing down and what's the use of a SD slot if nothing can be saved on it????? Help please can send response to: fullerfoto@gmail.com