Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Families and ios8
Since upgrading to iOS 8for iPad I am having problems with the families app.
1. When entering notes, keyboard comes up and screen goes black. Can still type note but can't see what I'm typing until I lower keyboard. Can't make corrections because I can't see where to place cursor
2. Am not able to add picture to file. Select add photo and nothing happens.

Anyone else experiencing problems?
(17-Oct-2014, 01:00 AM)MarthaTee Wrote: Since upgrading to iOS 8for iPad I am having problems with the families app.
1. When entering notes, keyboard comes up and screen goes black. Can still type note but can't see what I'm typing until I lower keyboard. Can't make corrections because I can't see where to place cursor

Have you updated to Families 2.2.0?

Malcolm Green
(17-Oct-2014, 08:41 AM)admin Wrote:
(17-Oct-2014, 01:00 AM)MarthaTee Wrote: Since upgrading to iOS 8for iPad I am having problems with the families app.

Malcolm Green
I am having the same problems on my iPad. I have updated to version 2.2.0

Malcolm Green

(17-Oct-2014, 09:32 PM)MarthaTee Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Yes, Malcolm. Wondered if I should do a back up, delete and reinstall Families.

Yes, Malcolm. Wondered if I should do a Legacy backup and then delete/reinstall Families.
I tried deleting and reinstalling -- that did not fix the problem.
I have Families Version 2.2.0 installed on my iPhone 5s as well -- the problems do not occur on this device.

Malcolm Green

Hello Malcolm,
Have you determined a cause for this problem ? I use my iPad for all of my additions and updates, so really can't do anything until this is fixed ...
(19-Oct-2014, 02:45 AM)MidgeB Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Hello Malcolm,
Have you determined a cause for this problem ? I use my iPad for all of my additions and updates, so really can't do anything until this is fixed ...

You didn't answer my question.

Malcolm
(21-Oct-2014, 08:52 AM)admin Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Hello Malcolm,

Malcolm

I did answer the question -- I updated to families 2.2.0 on October 9th -- I believe that's when my problems began ...
(21-Oct-2014, 03:10 PM)MidgeB Wrote:
(21-Oct-2014, 08:52 AM)admin Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Hello Malcolm,

Malcolm

I did answer the question -- I updated to families 2.2.0 on October 9th -- I believe that's when my problems began ...

We've identified the problem as a change in behaviour in iOS8 and will provide a fixed version as soon as we can (subject to Apple's review process).

Malcolm Green
Many thanks !