Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a folder in Android 4.4
I followed your directions as below:

"Changes introduced in Android 4.4 prevent third-party apps from writing to the external SD card except to a special application-specific folder. Therefore if your device is running Android 4.4 or later, you will need to append the following to the value shown above:

/Android/data/uk.co.telgen.families/

Thus, for example, the Base Folder value for a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 would be:

/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/uk.co.telgen.families/

You will need to create this folder using Windows Explorer before using Families."

When I try to access the information, no databases are listed and I get kicked out of Families. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook with Android 4.4. Then my database disappears from my tablet.

Thanks, Anne.
(22-Oct-2014, 06:18 AM)ackruszka Wrote: I followed your directions as below:

"Changes introduced in Android 4.4 prevent third-party apps from writing to the external SD card except to a special application-specific folder. Therefore if your device is running Android 4.4 or later, you will need to append the following to the value shown above:

You will need to create this folder using Windows Explorer before using Families."

When I try to access the information, no databases are listed and I get kicked out of Families. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook with Android 4.4. Then my database disappears from my tablet.

Thanks, Anne.

Have you tried Wi-Fi transfer?

Malcolm Green
(22-Oct-2014, 12:07 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks, Anne.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

Sorry my reply took so long; I was out of town.

This does not appear to give me the option of writing to the external SD card, which is where I want the info to reside. When I start the transfer it shows the file I transferred directly to the device rather than the SD card so that I would have my information with me and the Kennedy family database. Now it is attempting to transfer via wi-fi onto my device. I've never been successful doing this since there are a lot of image files attached. My goal is to not take up the 8 gb of resident memory with my database, but to store it on the external sd card.

Anne

(22-Oct-2014, 12:07 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks, Anne.

Malcolm Green

I was able to transfer via WI-FI the database minus the photos. Again, it transferred directly to the device and not the SD card.
Thank you so much. The latest version 2.2.0 enabled me to finally get my database onto the external SD card.