Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Families Crashing My ipad
Hi, I just purchased Families today and successfully transferred my Legacy data with no issues, however, my problem is with entering Sources (the main reason I purchased Families), as I can only get as far as entering a new source title.

I click Add A Master Source, type the Title and save, however, when I try and open the new Master Source to add details, my Ipad immediately crashes. I deleted the app and reinstalled, plus I have current versions of everything. I also sent an Exception Report (not sure what happens when I do that). I can open the Master Sources that were transferred from my computer with no issues, it is just the ones I have created on the Families app.

Help!
(01-Nov-2014, 06:40 AM)lilyellis Wrote: Hi, I just purchased Families today and successfully transferred my Legacy data with no issues, however, my problem is with entering Sources (the main reason I purchased Families), as I can only get as far as entering a new source title.

I click Add A Master Source, type the Title and save, however, when I try and open the new Master Source to add details, my Ipad immediately crashes. I deleted the app and reinstalled, plus I have current versions of everything. I also sent an Exception Report (not sure what happens when I do that). I can open the Master Sources that were transferred from my computer with no issues, it is just the ones I have created on the Families app.

Help!

Thanks for the information. We've reproduced the problem, which only occurs when adding the Master Source via the Master Lists option. If you add the source directly to the event etc, the problem shouldn't occur (i.e. Edit>Add Source>Add a New Source). The problem will be fixed in a future release.

Malcolm Green
Thanks Malcolm, I tried to add a Source thru an Event and also directly under an Indiv, however, after I choose Add A New Source, nothing happens. The selection just fades away and I am back to the Add a Source selection. The same thing happens if I choose Cite a Master Source.

I am new to Families (yesterday), so maybe there is something I am missing, but I can't see what it could be.
(01-Nov-2014, 06:35 PM)lilyellis Wrote: Thanks Malcolm, I tried to add a Source thru an Event and also directly under an Indiv, however, after I choose Add A New Source, nothing happens. The selection just fades away and I am back to the Add a Source selection. The same thing happens if I choose Cite a Master Source.

I am new to Families (yesterday), so maybe there is something I am missing, but I can't see what it could be.

You're right, there is a problem which has been caused by a change in behaviour in iOS8, on iPad only. It will be fixed in the next version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Malcolm Green