Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't sync WIFI to iPad mini
Worked fine at one time, but now won't sync WIFI. When i try to sync on iPad, the file does not show up on PC. When I enter the IP address in Locate Device by Address, I get an error message "not responding", then another message "unable to connect to remote server". Help!

I uninstalled Families on PC, then reinstalled, but still have the same problem. Using Windows 7 on PC.
Idea Solved! I have Families on both my iPhone and iPad. My ios8 needed updating on the iPhone. After updating that, shutting off both devices, restarting...all everything works fine now.

(20-Nov-2014, 06:59 PM)Wiser14 Wrote: Worked fine at one time, but now won't sync WIFI. When i try to sync on iPad, the file does not show up on PC. When I enter the IP address in Locate Device by Address, I get an error message "not responding", then another message "unable to connect to remote server". Help!

I uninstalled Families on PC, then reinstalled, but still have the same problem. Using Windows 7 on PC.

(20-Nov-2014, 06:59 PM)Wiser14 Wrote: Worked fine at one time, but now won't sync WIFI. When i try to sync on iPad, the file does not show up on PC. When I enter the IP address in Locate Device by Address, I get an error message "not responding", then another message "unable to connect to remote server". Help!

It sounds like a networking problem unconnected with Families. Check that your PC can "see" your iPad by typing the following at a command prompt:

ping address

where address is the address shown on the Sync screen on your iPad,
e.g. ping 192.168.0.38. You should get 4 "Reply from ..." messages. If you get "Request timed out" then the PC is unable to connect to the iPad. In this case you'll need to check your networking setup. It may be worth rebooting the PC and powering your iPad off then on.

If you're unable to resolve your Wi-Fi problem, don't forget that you can transfer family files using USB, or via the cloud.

Malcolm Green
Thanks Malcolm. Well...I got it to work WIFI yesterday, but today have the same problem. I used the USB route and that worked fine. My PC would not recognize the ping address. Will try rebooting to get WIFI.
This made it work: Reset Network settings in iphone/iPad.

From the Home Screen, click on “Settings”. From there, scroll down to “General” and click on it. From there, scroll to the bottom, click “Reset”, then “Reset Network Settings”. After it was done getting reset, simply go back into Settings -> Wifi, see your network, connect and it works!

(21-Nov-2014, 08:25 PM)Wiser14 Wrote: Thanks Malcolm. Well...I got it to work WIFI yesterday, but today have the same problem. I used the USB route and that worked fine. My PC would not recognize the ping address. Will try rebooting to get WIFI.

Had this same problem again recently after upgrading to the latest version of Families. Resetting wifi connection on the iPad did not solve the problem What did solve it was disconnecting power supply to the modem on the PC for 10+ seconds, then reconnecting it, thus refreshing the connection (and download speed as well). Connected right away with wifi.