Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Droid Turbo - Familys loaded but when clicked exits
I installed Families, it showed the Kennedy Family, I deleted that as I am not a Kennedy. I then tried to set up a Padell Family and the program simply exited.
Now when I click on Families it shows the screen for a moment and then exits back to the menu. I cannot do anything except uninstall and while I may have to I am hesitant to do that and it may cost me another $14.95 to down load again.

Also when I try to do a manual upload I don't see a Families folder on the device and there is no way to get it IP address.

This is useless so far
(25-Nov-2014, 08:02 PM)jeffpadell Wrote: I installed Families, it showed the Kennedy Family, I deleted that as I am not a Kennedy. I then tried to set up a Padell Family and the program simply exited.
Now when I click on Families it shows the screen for a moment and then exits back to the menu. I cannot do anything except uninstall and while I may have to I am hesitant to do that and it may cost me another $14.95 to down load again.

Also when I try to do a manual upload I don't see a Families folder on the device and there is no way to get it IP address.

This is useless so far

Please see http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/howto for details of how to transfer family files to your device.

You can download the app as many times as you like for no extra cost providing you use the same app store credentials.

The Families folder is created the first time the app is run, and will be accessible via iTunes if you wish to transfer using USB. The IP address is displayed on the app's Sync screen if you wish to transfer via Wi-Fi.

Malcolm Green
I will uninstall and reinstall, the problem is that I get the sync screen on my PC and say Wrote Family File to Device, I pick my family file and it creates the *.sqlite file
I then coinnect to the Droid via USB click next and it say the Families Sync folder on your device cannot be located. I look on the droid and I don't see a Families folder, there is a Families text file only. I manually dragged and dropped it but that didn't help.

there is no SD card or card slot on the new Droid Turbo
I just unintalled Families and now it says I have to BUY it again! I went to the Google Play store to download it and would have to pay $14.95 to continue
Now I get an email saying I am getting a refund, so I guess I will buy it again and try it again
Repurchased and reinstalled.
Click on icon and it goes to Familes for a second or two, doesn't show Kennedy family and quits back to menu.

If I hold icon for 2 seconds it gives option to force stop or uninstall
You say I can see this via ITunes, I have never used ITunes nor do I have a desire to.

TO Admin
I uninstalled the program a second time, and this time was able to reinstall without paying.

First before reinstalling I deleted the families file I saw, not a folder, it was 7 kb

this time when reinstalling the Kennedy family showed up again and then I did a wifi transfer and it worked fine and put my family file there. I will delete the Kennedy family and see what happens but for right now I am good