Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to retrieve data from Families
Hi,
Have had a major mishap with my laptop and Legacy, lost all my data. I have managed to retrieve the sqlite file from my android tablet running Families but the photos have not been included.
Is there any way of getting the complete database including photos back into Legacy?
Thanks.
(09-Dec-2014, 08:25 AM)peejayw Wrote: Hi,
Have had a major mishap with my laptop and Legacy, lost all my data. I have managed to retrieve the sqlite file from my android tablet running Families but the photos have not been included.
Is there any way of getting the complete database including photos back into Legacy?
Thanks.

Photos (other than any new ones added) are not transferred back to the PC because:
a) as they were transferred from the PC originally, they are assumed to be still there, and
b) the resolution of the photos is likely to be degraded from the originals, as they are resized for transfer to the device to reduce both memory usage on the device and transfer time.

If you send your sqlite file to supportinfo@telgen.co.uk, we'll see if we can extract them for you. Please bear in mind that we will be unable to restore the photos to the folder structure in which they were originally stored (as this information is not transferred to the mobile device). However, you should be able to use Legacy's relinking tool to link the photos back to the family file.

Malcolm Green