Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
geocode for android
Hi

I JUST INSTALLER THE APP FOR ANDROID. I IMPORTED MY LEGACY FILE FROM DROPBOX. ADDED A NEW EVENT, WROTE A PLACE ( ROSKILDE, DENMARK), PRESSED GEO-CODE AND DID END IN THE POLARAREA! ON THE MAP (not Denmark). THE NUMBERS SEEMS OKAY, JUST WITH TO MANY "0000000" UP IN FRONT.

Can you help?

/Lars

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-Jan-2015, 01:50 AM)Lars Wrote: Hi

I JUST INSTALLER THE APP FOR ANDROID. I IMPORTED MY LEGACY FILE FROM DROPBOX. ADDED A NEW EVENT, WROTE A PLACE ( ROSKILDE, DENMARK), PRESSED GEO-CODE AND DID END IN THE POLARAREA! ON THE MAP (not Denmark). THE NUMBERS SEEMS OKAY, JUST WITH TO MANY "0000000" UP IN FRONT.

Can you help?

/Lars

Thanks for reporting this. I was able to reproduce the problem by changing my phone's language to Danish. The problem is caused by the fact that Google Maps returns latitude/longitude values with the decimal separator = ".", causing the data to be parsed incorrectly in territories where the decimal separator is ",". The problem will be fixed in the next version. Meanwhile the map will be displayed correctly if you change your language to English.

Malcolm Green
THX 4 the answer.
Yes it works if I change the language to English.
It would be nice if you could change for format to "degree.decimal" like the Google maps uses in DK.

Right now it seems strange with the 5 numbers first before the . Or , instead of 55.xxxxxN and 12.xxxxxE
(04-Jan-2015, 06:00 PM)Lars Wrote: THX 4 the answer.
It would be nice if you could change for format to "degree.decimal" like the Google maps uses in DK.

Right now it seems strange with the 5 numbers first before the . Or , instead of 55.xxxxxN and 12.xxxxxE

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Latitude/longitude is intentionally displayed in the same format as in Legacy.

Malcolm Green