Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family View - font size too small
Using Lollipop (5.0.1) on both Nexus 5 and 7. In family view the names are so small as to be unreadable. Have looked for a way to set font sizes to no avail. Cleared cached, restarted device, still the same. S     ee attachment.
(31-Jan-2015, 12:54 AM)RonWalter Wrote: Using Lollipop (5.0.1) on both Nexus 5 and 7. In family view the names are so small as to be unreadable. Have looked for a way to set font sizes to no avail. Cleared cached, restarted device, still the same. See attachment.

That's strange. I have 5.0.2 on my Nexus 7 and the font size is fine. Which model of Nexus 7 do you have?

Malcolm Green
I have 2013 Nexus 7.

I said I had 5.0.1 which is true for my N5 but the N7 is as yours - 5.0.2. Both have the same problem.

For a fraction of a second the font size appears to be correct when the family view is first displayed but immediately after that short time the font is very much reduced as shown in the attachment.

What can I do to help debug this problem?
(31-Jan-2015, 08:14 PM)RonWalter Wrote: I have 2013 Nexus 7.

I said I had 5.0.1 which is true for my N5 but the N7 is as yours - 5.0.2. Both have the same problem.

For a fraction of a second the font size appears to be correct when the family view is first displayed but immediately after that short time the font is very much reduced as shown in the attachment.

My Nexus 7 is 2012 so the problem may only be with the higher resolution of the 2013 model. Did you run Families on the Nexus 7 with Kitkat before upgrading it to Lollipop and, if so, did it work OK with that? I know there are several users of Families with Nexus 7 and this problem has not been reported with this device before, so my suspicion is that the problem only occurs with Lollipop. However, I've tried it on the Android emulator with 5.0.1 with no problem so I've not been able to reproduce the problem so far. If you're willing to assist, I may generate a beta version with some debugging information which might help to track down the problem.

Malcolm Green
(02-Feb-2015, 10:24 AM)admin Wrote:

My Nexus 7 is 2012 so the problem may only be with the higher resolution of the 2013 model. Did you run Families on the Nexus 7 with Kitkat before upgrading it to Lollipop and, if so, did it work OK with that? I know there are several users of Families with Nexus 7 and this problem has not been reported with this device before, so my suspicion is that the problem only occurs with Lollipop. However, I've tried it on the Android emulator with 5.0.1 with no problem so I've not been able to reproduce the problem so far. If you're willing to assist, I may generate a beta version with some debugging information which might help to track down the problem.

Malcolm Green

Yes I am willing as I can't use it w/o a fix. Thanks
L
(02-Feb-2015, 10:24 AM)admin Wrote:

Malcolm Green

I believe I've found the cause of the problem and have submitted 2.2.3 to Google Play (not to the other app stores yet). Please let me know whether or not this fixes the problem.

Malcolm Green
I originally purchased through Amazon (Kindle) so I don't think I can download until you submit to the Kindle Store?
(03-Feb-2015, 09:06 AM)RonWalter Wrote: I originally purchased through Amazon (Kindle) so I don't think I can download until you submit to the Kindle Store?

OK, I'll do so. We have to await Amazon's review process which may take a day or two.

Malcolm Green
(03-Feb-2015, 09:33 AM)admin Wrote:
(03-Feb-2015, 09:06 AM)RonWalter Wrote: I originally purchased through Amazon (Kindle) so I don't think I can download until you submit to the Kindle Store?

OK, I'll do so. We have to await Amazon's review process which may take a day or two.

Malcolm Green

It should be there now.

Malcolm Green
Fixed, Thank you!