Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cannot install Family Sync on Vista
Hi there,

I saw the other questions from I think Luseann but my problem is different. Nothing happens at all. I click on the file and it doesn't open anything. Nada. Nichts.

Usually what happens on Vista is a little annoying alert comes up telling me that something is trying to run and asks for my permission (I say annoying because it never lets me add the software cert. as a trusted source). However, I get absolutely nothing.

I tried downloading it again.
Still nothing.
I tried rebooting.
Still nothing.
I tried clearing cache, which I knew to be ridiculous because it has nothing to do with browsers but desperation makes us do weird things.
Still nothing.
I tried right clicking and choosing open.
Nothing.
I tried double clicking.
Nothing.
I tried right clicking and choosing "run as administrator"
Nothing.

I don't know what else I can do to open it. I must say I'm nervous because I already bought the app and I suppose I should have done this in reverse. I don't want to spend $15 on something I cannot use.

Please help?
(12-Jun-2015, 12:06 AM)magnoliasouth Wrote: Hi there,

I saw the other questions from I think Luseann but my problem is different. Nothing happens at all. I click on the file and it doesn't open anything. Nada. Nichts.

Usually what happens on Vista is a little annoying alert comes up telling me that something is trying to run and asks for my permission (I say annoying because it never lets me add the software cert. as a trusted source). However, I get absolutely nothing.

I tried downloading it again.
Still nothing.
I tried rebooting.
Still nothing.
I tried clearing cache, which I knew to be ridiculous because it has nothing to do with browsers but desperation makes us do weird things.
Still nothing.
I tried right clicking and choosing open.
Nothing.
I tried double clicking.
Nothing.
I tried right clicking and choosing "run as administrator"
Nothing.

I don't know what else I can do to open it. I must say I'm nervous because I already bought the app and I suppose I should have done this in reverse. I don't want to spend $15 on something I cannot use.

Please help?

We're not aware of a problem installing Families Sync on Vista, but your problem sounds like an issue with Windows. Have you tried rebooting your PC then trying the installation again? Also please confirm that you've downloaded the installation file from:
http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/downloa...cSetup.exe

Malcolm Green
(12-Jun-2015, 08:39 AM)admin Wrote:
(12-Jun-2015, 12:06 AM)magnoliasouth Wrote: I tried rebooting.
Still nothing.
Have you tried rebooting your PC then trying the installation again?
Yes, as I said I did.
(12-Jun-2015, 08:39 AM)admin Wrote: Also please confirm that you've downloaded the installation file from:
http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/downloa...cSetup.exe
Yes.
So was this the only help I was going to get? Surely someone overlooked my reply above?