Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Font size on Android tablet
(Should have posted my problem here instead of another forum.)

I'm having a problem viewing the information showing birth, death, etc. Font size is extremely small (on main screen). I discussed this with a Families rep via e-mail and was told this: "The only problem I see with it is that the text for the summary information under each of the main couple is partially truncated"

I had sent him a screenshot showing my problem.

I'd like to know how to correct this. Thanks.
(25-Jul-2015, 11:19 PM)jomello Wrote: (Should have posted my problem here instead of another forum.)

I'm having a problem viewing the information showing birth, death, etc. Font size is extremely small (on main screen). I discussed this with a Families rep via e-mail and was told this: "The only problem I see with it is that the text for the summary information under each of the main couple is partially truncated"

I had sent him a screenshot showing my problem.

I'd like to know how to correct this. Thanks.

The font size for the info cell on the Family View (showing birth, death and multiple marriage info) is as large as can be accommodated within the constraints of the table cell size. Note that the full information of a person's dates etc. can be viewed in larger size by tapping the person's name to obtain the Individual View.

However, the screenshot you sent did show truncation of the text, i.e. the lower part of the characters were "chopped off". We've identified the cause of this as the Android Accessibility setting Font Size being set to Large. The problem will be fixed in the next version. Meanwhile, setting the Font Size to Normal will cause the information to be displayed correctly.

Malcolm Green
Thanks for your suggestion. I did re-set the font size to Normal. Normal displays information fully, but it's still small. Guess I'll have to wait for an update. Do you know when update will be available?