Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
APP doesn't SYNC after first successful file transfer
Mr. Green the APP is giving lots of problems to people using the "simpler" WIFI transfer. I listened to your webcast and thought it sounded like a good little program for my iPad. I successfully SYNC'd the file from my computer to my tablet and it is on the tablet. I made several additions later to the file and then it won't transfer, "unable to locate server." I put in the same Device Address but it does not work. Could you look into your program to see if this can be fixed. Thank you for your kind attention.
Rick
(06-Aug-2015, 11:46 PM)RickH Wrote: Mr. Green the APP is giving lots of problems to people using the "simpler" WIFI transfer. I listened to your webcast and thought it sounded like a good little program for my iPad. I successfully SYNC'd the file from my computer to my tablet and it is on the tablet. I made several additions later to the file and then it won't transfer, "unable to locate server." I put in the same Device Address but it does not work. Could you look into your program to see if this can be fixed. Thank you for your kind attention.
Rick

The fact that you were able to sync originally but are now not able indicates that something has changed in your network environment - there has been no change in the Families app or in Families Sync which would cause the problem. Also, assuming you have iTunes installed, Families Sync should recognise when the iPad is ready to sync, so there should be no need to enter the iPad's address. You can double-check the connection by entering the address shown on the iPad Sync screen in a browser on your PC. It should show a screen headed "Family Files". If not, this confirms that the PC cannot "see" the iPad for whatever reason. We are unable to diagnose individual networking issues. However, we do provide alternative means of transferring family files, including USB, email and cloud (e.g. DropBox).

Malcolm Green
Hi Mr. Green:

Thank you for your speedier reply. I do have ITunes installed (I listen to wonderful classical music). I did as you suggested and checked to see if my connection was working. I went to my PC and entered the address shown on the iPad Sync screen in my web browser, "it should show a screen headed Family Files." I did it and here is my screen shot below (I x'd out my address so no one can see it). Does this mean that I do have a connection or not?? I am sure many of us are following this interesting thread for future knowledge. My best, Rick

http://xxx.xxx.x.x:5050

Family Files

Kennedy Family.sqlite
legacy6helmer.sqlite

Upload File: (button "choose file) no file selected (button "Upload)

Hi Mr. Green:

I forgot to add that I am using an iMac Mid2014 running OS X Yosemite v. 10.10.4 with Windows 7 loaded in my Parallels Desktop 10.

It would seem that I do have a connection per my earlier email message this morning- correct?

Is their a way to test this problem on a user iMac running similar program in a new environment to see if it will create similar problem?

Thanks for all your help.

Rick
Hi Mr. Green:

Took Wiser14 method of turning off modem for 10 seconds and then back on. Clicked on the Families Sync and it DID work this time by updating my original file to my iPad from my PC/iMac running Parallel. It did not give me the "Server not found" message.

Rick
"A 70 yr old trying to keep up to this new tech world"
(07-Aug-2015, 09:58 AM)admin Wrote:
(06-Aug-2015, 11:46 PM)RickH Wrote: Mr. Green the APP is giving lots of problems to people using the "simpler" WIFI transfer. I listened to your webcast and thought it sounded like a good little program for my iPad. I successfully SYNC'd the file from my computer to my tablet and it is on the tablet. I made several additions later to the file and then it won't transfer, "unable to locate server." I put in the same Device Address but it does not work. Could you look into your program to see if this can be fixed. Thank you for your kind attention.
Rick

The fact that you were able to sync originally but are now not able indicates that something has changed in your network environment - there has been no change in the Families app or in Families Sync which would cause the problem.  Also, assuming you have iTunes installed, Families Sync should recognise when the iPad is ready to sync, so there should be no need to enter the iPad's address.  You can double-check the connection by entering the address shown on the iPad Sync screen in a browser on your PC.  It should show a screen headed "Family Files".  If not, this confirms that the PC cannot "see" the iPad for whatever reason.  We are unable to diagnose individual networking issues.  However, we do provide alternative means of transferring family files, including USB, email and cloud (e.g. DropBox). gmail step 2 verification

Malcolm Green