Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error and missing photo
I have worked on Families and try now to transfer the data to Legacy. I got over 400 errors and have some photo in Families om my ipad who dosent show on Legacy. Any idea what i do wrong?
(02-Jan-2016, 10:31 PM)Marit Wrote: I have worked on Families and try now to transfer the data to Legacy. I got over 400 errors and have some photo in Families om my ipad who dosent show on Legacy. Any idea what i do wrong?

It sounds as though you may have selected the wrong fdb file to transfer, perhaps an old Legacy 7 file. Check that you're selecting your current Legacy family file, which is by default in Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Data.

Malcolm Green
(03-Jan-2016, 11:15 AM)admin Wrote:
(02-Jan-2016, 10:31 PM)Marit Wrote: I have worked on Families and try now to transfer the data to Legacy. I got over 400 errors and have some photo in Families om my ipad who dosent show on Legacy. Any idea what i do wrong?

It sounds as though you may have selected the wrong fdb file to transfer, perhaps an old Legacy 7 file. Check that you're selecting your current Legacy family file, which is by default in Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Data.

Malcolm Green

MyPC is new and i install Legacy 8 for the first time yesterday. Cab it still be wrong file?
(03-Jan-2016, 06:42 PM)Marit Wrote:

Malcolm Green

MyPC is new and i install Legacy 8 for the first time yesterday. Cab it still be wrong file?

Yes, possibly, if you used Legacy 7 before. There's no way that the converted file can contain photos that are not seen in Legacy unless you selected the wrong file. Please check the file path as I suggested.

Malcolm Green
(05-Jan-2016, 11:46 AM)admin Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Yes, possibly, if you used Legacy 7 before. There's no way that the converted file can contain photos that are not seen in Legacy unless you selected the wrong file. Please check the file path as I suggested.

Malcolm Green

I have never used Legacy 7. Now I check that I used the correct file. The Message I Get is: "17122015104522.jpg ble ikke funnet i sin opprinnelige mappe" in English : the file was not found in the orginal map. I have not bought the premium version yet, may I have to have the premium version?
(05-Jan-2016, 11:29 PM)Marit Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Malcolm Green

I have never used Legacy 7. Now I check that I used the correct file. The Message I Get is: "17122015104522.jpg ble ikke funnet i sin opprinnelige mappe" in English : the file was not found in the orginal map. I have not bought the premium version yet, may I have to have the premium version?

You don't need the premium version of Legacy in order to use Families.

Did you create your family file yourself in Legacy or was it imported from another program or obtained from another family member? The reason I ask is that the jpg filename you mention suggests that the photo was previously added via Families. Perhaps you can give us some background information on how the file was created.

Malcolm Green
(11-Jan-2016, 10:40 AM)admin Wrote:
(03-Jan-2016, 11:15 AM)admin Wrote: It sounds as though you may have selected the wrong fdb file to transfer, perhaps an old Legacy 7 file. Check that you're selecting your current Legacy family file, which is by default in Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Data.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm Green

Did you create your family file yourself in Legacy or was it imported from another program or obtained from another family member? The reason I ask is that the jpg filename you mention suggests that the photo was previously added via Families. Perhaps you can give us some background information on how the file was created.

Malcolm Green

I have worked on Families on my ipad for almost one year. Now i bought a new PC and install Legacy 8, then i used your program to transfer data from ipad to the PC. I haven't create any file, just used the automatic in the program.
(11-Jan-2016, 08:39 PM)Marit Wrote:
(03-Jan-2016, 06:42 PM)Marit Wrote: MyPC is new and i install Legacy 8 for the first time yesterday. Cab it still be wrong file?

Malcolm Green

Malcolm Green

I have worked on Families on my ipad for almost one year. Now i bought a new PC and install Legacy 8, then i used your program to transfer data from ipad to the PC. I haven't create any file, just used the automatic in the program.

OK, that's a fairly unusual way or working. Most users go the other way, i.e. start with a Legacy file on the PC then transfer to mobile device.

When transferring a file from device to PC, Families Sync should write each new photo file it finds to Legacy's default location for media files, normally Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Media. In Legacy please open the fdb file transferred from the iPad then select Options>Customise>Locations and note the value for "6.2 Default location of media files". Then look in that location and see whether any of your photos are there. If not, please zip and send us a copy of the sqlite file transferred from the iPad (it will be in Documents\Families Sync) so that we can investigate. Please email it to supportinfo@telgen.co.uk.

Malcolm Green

(15-Jan-2016, 11:51 AM)admin Wrote:
(05-Jan-2016, 11:46 AM)admin Wrote: Yes, possibly, if you used Legacy 7 before. There's no way that the converted file can contain photos that are not seen in Legacy unless you selected the wrong file. Please check the file path as I suggested.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm Green

OK, that's a fairly unusual way or working. Most users go the other way, i.e. start with a Legacy file on the PC then transfer to mobile device.

When transferring a file from device to PC, Families Sync should write each new photo file it finds to Legacy's default location for media files, normally Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Media. In Legacy please open the fdb file transferred from the iPad then select Options>Customise>Locations and note the value for "6.2 Default location of media files". Then look in that location and see whether any of your photos are there. If not, please zip and send us a copy of the sqlite file transferred from the iPad (it will be in Documents\Families Sync) so that we can investigate. Please email it to supportinfo@telgen.co.uk.

Malcolm Green

I can see the pictures i documents\leacy family tree\media. But i Get error then I am in the program, see screenshot. I think 6.2 is correct, but can you please control the screenshot ?

Screenshot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(23-Jan-2016, 10:18 PM)Marit Wrote:
(15-Jan-2016, 11:51 AM)admin Wrote:
(05-Jan-2016, 11:29 PM)Marit Wrote: I have never used Legacy 7. Now I check that I used the correct file. The Message I Get is: "17122015104522.jpg ble ikke funnet i sin opprinnelige mappe" in English : the file was not found in the orginal map. I have not bought the premium version yet, may I have to have the premium version?

Malcolm Green

Malcolm Green

I can see the pictures i documents\leacy family tree\media. But i Get error then I am in the program, see screenshot. I think 6.2 is correct, but can you please control the screenshot ?

Screenshot

I'm sorry but I don't understand the language in the screenshot. If you have located the pictures on your PC then please use Legacy's Media Relinker to link them into your Legacy file.

Malcolm Green