Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't read database from IPAD
When I try to use the sync function to copy the database from my ipad to my computer I get the following message: File opened that is not a database file, is encrypted or not a database. It is in fact the database file I am using on the IPAD. I've also tried to use the Sync with USB function which goes as far as having me select the folder to save the file in and nothing happens. I have all updates installed on my IPAD OS and on the Windows computer. I tried disabliing the firewall. Any ideas? I am hoping to travel with the IPAD and must be able to sync changes back to my computer when I get home.
(03-Mar-2016, 04:08 AM)dkincaid Wrote: When I try to use the sync function to copy the database from my ipad to my computer I get the following message: File opened that is not a database file, is encrypted or not a database. It is in fact the database file I am using on the IPAD. I've also tried to use the Sync with USB function which goes as far as having me select the folder to save the file in and nothing happens. I have all updates installed on my IPAD OS and on the Windows computer. I tried disabliing the firewall. Any ideas? I am hoping to travel with the IPAD and must be able to sync changes back to my computer when I get home.

Please clarify at what point the error is being displayed and provide a screenshot if possible.

Malcolm Green
I am on the Family Sync screen, sync device by wifi tab, selected my device from list on left, selected the database from list on right, select Read family file from my device, screen pops up to input the target directory and name for the file to be created, left as default and tried other names, message says Operation aborted. File opened that is not a database file or file is encrypted, or is not a database. How can I determine if the file is encrypted? I don't have any encryption software running on the IPAD.
(03-Mar-2016, 08:46 PM)dkincaid Wrote: I am on the Family Sync screen, sync device by wifi tab, selected my device from list on left, selected the database from list on right, select Read family file from my device, screen pops up to input the target directory and name for the file to be created, left as default and tried other names, message says Operation aborted. File opened that is not a database file or file is encrypted, or is not a database. How can I determine if the file is encrypted? I don't have any encryption software running on the IPAD.

Is the error on the iPad or the PC? As requested, please send a screenshot. Alternatively, please send your SQLite file to supportinfo@telgen.co.uk and we'll investigate.

Malcolm Green