Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No SD card option
Using Legacy 8.x, Families 2.30, Families Sync 2.1.4.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab A T550 with Android 6.0.1.

I cannot use Families on SD card on the Galaxy Tab A system.

When I go to Settings/Applications/Application Manager/Families/Storage there is no option to Change from internal storage to SD Card. I do have that option for most other programs.

When I open Families/Settings/ and check Use External Storage I get a check mark, but when closing the window I get the message that the "BaseFolder value "/storage/sdcard/Android/......" is invalid. BaseFolder will be reset to internal storage." I have tried typing different variations of "storage/sdcard" from other postings with no success.

I uninstalled Families and reinstalled it. (And had to reinstall my sql files again).

The folder in the sd card path does exist. I have copied the sql files into the folder from the internal storage folder. I think the basic problem is that there is no option to use SD card as noted in the second paragraph.

PS: Families is working fine with the internal storage. Strange but the BaseFolder shown for that is /storage/emulated/0/Families, but the actual file is the .../Android/data/uk.co.telgen.families/files/ folder. That was the folder create by Families Sync.

(01-Aug-2016, 07:40 PM)rmhansense Wrote: Using Legacy 8.x, Families 2.30, Families Sync 2.1.4.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab A T550 with Android 6.0.1.

I cannot use Families on SD card on the Galaxy Tab A system.

When I go to Settings/Applications/Application Manager/Families/Storage there is no option to Change from internal storage to SD Card. I do have that option for most other programs.

When I open Families/Settings/ and check Use External Storage I get a check mark, but when closing the window I get the message that the "BaseFolder value "/storage/sdcard/Android/......" is invalid. BaseFolder will be reset to internal storage." I have tried typing different variations of "storage/sdcard" from other postings with no success.

I uninstalled Families and reinstalled it. (And had to reinstall my sql files again).

The folder in the sd card path does exist. I have copied the sql files into the folder from the internal storage folder. I think the basic problem is that there is no option to use SD card as noted in the second paragraph.

PS: Families is working fine with the internal storage. Strange but the BaseFolder shown for that is /storage/emulated/0/Families, but the actual file is the .../Android/data/uk.co.telgen.families/files/ folder. That was the folder create by Families Sync.

The Android setting MOVE TO SD CARD option refers to moving the application itself to the SD card. This is not currently enabled for Families but I'll look into enabling it in a future version. However, this would save very little storage space. The ability to store the family file data on the SD card is much more relevant, and is controlled by the Families setting Use External Storage. You should just be able to check this option (without changing the Base Folder setting) to switch between the two. Please let us know the value of Base Folder displayed with and without External Storage checked. Note that if you use USB transfer, Families Sync is only able to transfer to the SD card, whereas using WiFi sync will transfer to the current Base Location.

Malcolm Green
I am using USB transfer for three legacy files

Without check for external storage:
/storage/emulated/Android/data/uk.go.telgen.families/files
(Files are actually in this folder, not in the card folder).

With check:
/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/uk.co.telgen.families/files

Exit from Settings then results in error message noted in earlier post.
When exit from error message the BaseFolder shows as: /storage/Emulated/0/Families. Exit from Settings then shows all four files, my three plus Kennedy and BaseFolder is back to setting above, without check for external storage.