Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Font Size
The font is so small it is completely unreadable on my Galaxy Tab 8. I see no way to enlarge the font.  Sad
I was going to install it on my phone but that screen is, of course, smaller. 
What is the point of having an unreadable font? Any workaround?
Please confirm that you're using the latest version of Families, 2.4.0, and that your Android setting for Font Size is Normal.  Also please provide a screenshot showing the problem screen.

Malcolm Green
(16-Jan-2017, 12:50 PM)admin Wrote: Please confirm that you're using the latest version of Families, 2.4.0, and that your Android setting for Font Size is Normal.  Also please provide a screenshot showing the problem screen.

Malcolm Green

Yes to 2.4.0

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(16-Jan-2017, 04:01 PM)genealogysleuth Wrote:
(16-Jan-2017, 12:50 PM)admin Wrote: Please confirm that you're using the latest version of Families, 2.4.0, and that your Android setting for Font Size is Normal.  Also please provide a screenshot showing the problem screen.

Malcolm Green

Yes to 2.4.0

Please provide details of your device model and the version of Android it is running.

Your screenshot shows that you're using a different font from the default.  Please set your device to use default settings and let us know if the problem still remains. 

Malcolm Green
(17-Jan-2017, 11:48 AM)admin Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Yes to 2.4.0

Please provide details of your device model and the version of Android it is running.

Your screenshot shows that you're using a different font from the default.  Please set your device to use default settings and let us know if the problem still remains. 

Malcolm Green

That particular screenshot was on a Galaxy Tab Pro SM-T320 running 4.4.2.

I get the same on my phone running 6.0.1 so it is not device specific or Android version specific. 

When I reset the tablet to the default font I get the same thing BUT in different lines. Screenshot attached.

[attachment=56 Wrote:genealogysleuth pid='10412' dateline='1484660311']

Malcolm Green

Yes to 2.4.0

Malcolm Green

I get the same on my phone running 6.0.1 so it is not device specific or Android version specific. 

When I reset the tablet to the default font I get the same thing BUT in different lines. Screenshot attached.

Very strange!  I also have an SM-T320 running 4.4.2 which is one of my main test platforms, so all versions of Families are tested thoroughly on it.  The screenshot shows what it displays.

(18-Jan-2017, 05:21 PM)admin Wrote:
(17-Jan-2017, 03:38 PM)genealogysleuth Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Yes to 2.4.0

Malcolm Green

Very strange!  I also have an SM-T320 running 4.4.2 which is one of my main test platforms, so all versions of Families are tested thoroughly on it.  The screenshot shows what it displays.

Strange indeed. Even if I rotate the screen to landscape I have the same issue. If I change persons the parents remain small and the children are a readable size. Note also it is the family and pedigree view with the issue. It does not seem to happen in descendant or timeline.