Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transferring my Legacy Family Tree to Android
I have just installed the families app on a new Android Samsung tablet (having lost it when my Nexus went kaput).  I do not seem to be able to transfer my own Legacy family tree across to the tablet.  I transferred the sample file okay, but when I try to transfer any of my own files across it keeps coming up with an error message.  I see that the file has to be converted to a SQLite file, but I don't know how to do this from my Legacy Family tree.  Do I use the back up option, create a gedcom file - ?  I need very clear instructions please.  Many thanks.
(26-Apr-2017, 05:09 AM)maryelizaf Wrote: I have just installed the families app on a new Android Samsung tablet (having lost it when my Nexus went kaput).  I do not seem to be able to transfer my own Legacy family tree across to the tablet.  I transferred the sample file okay, but when I try to transfer any of my own files across it keeps coming up with an error message.  I see that the file has to be converted to a SQLite file, but I don't know how to do this from my Legacy Family tree.  Do I use the back up option, create a gedcom file - ?  I need very clear instructions please.  Many thanks.

Please see http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/howto for details on how to transfer family files.  If you still have a problem please send details. including any error messages, to support@telgen.co.uk.

Malcolm Green
(26-Apr-2017, 09:38 AM)admin Wrote:
(26-Apr-2017, 05:09 AM)maryelizaf Wrote: I have just installed the families app on a new Android Samsung tablet (having lost it when my Nexus went kaput).  I do not seem to be able to transfer my own Legacy family tree across to the tablet.  I transferred the sample file okay, but when I try to transfer any of my own files across it keeps coming up with an error message.  I see that the file has to be converted to a SQLite file, but I don't know how to do this from my Legacy Family tree.  Do I use the back up option, create a gedcom file - ?  I need very clear instructions please.  Many thanks.

Please see http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/howto for details on how to transfer family files.  If you still have a problem please send details. including any error messages, to support@telgen.co.uk.

Malcolm Green

Thank you Malcolm, I think I must be a bit dense.  I had read that, but it does not tell me HOW to convert my legacy file to a SQLite file, it just says I have to do it, before transferring.  My difficulty is that I don't know how to do this - how to convert it to a SQLite file.  It doesn't seem to give me that as an option that I can find when I'm saving or backing up.  I'm using Windows 10, Legacy 8.  I have tried Legacy Help online but SQLite file doesn't feature.  It is probably something quite simple....