Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convert to SQLite file operation aborted
I was attempting to convert my most recently updated family file on Legacy to a SQL file to transfer to my iPhone, it's been some time since I did that. However, I got the following message and haven't been able to go forward since:  Operation Aborted      The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

I am the ONLY user of the file on my PC laptop and the ONLY user on my iPhone.
I do have the MyCloud syncing, but I put it in pause mode.
I deleted the old SQL file from my Families app list on my iPhone, in case there was a conflict there, to no avail.

What am I missing? Why is the operation being aborted?

Thank you,
Nannette

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(20-May-2017, 06:53 PM)Nannette Wrote: I was attempting to convert my most recently updated family file on Legacy to a SQL file to transfer to my iPhone, it's been some time since I did that. However, I got the following message and haven't been able to go forward since:  Operation Aborted      The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

I am the ONLY user of the file on my PC laptop and the ONLY user on my iPhone.
I do have the MyCloud syncing, but I put it in pause mode.
I deleted the old SQL file from my Families app list on my iPhone, in case there wasn't a conflict there, to no avail.

What am I missing? Why is the operation being aborted?

Thank you,
Nannette
I suggest you reboot the PC and try again.

Malcolm Green
I rebooted, to no avail. I am still getting the same message. There is no syncing going on, no backup to MyCloud...nothing! What to do now, any suggestions? BTW, I'm doing this via USB.

Nannette
(21-May-2017, 03:08 AM)Nannette Wrote: I rebooted, to no avail. I am still getting the same message. There is no syncing going on, no backup to MyCloud...nothing! What to do now, any suggestions? BTW, I'm doing this via USB.

Nannette

Strange problem which we've not seen before.  In order to determine whether the problem is specific to your file or general, please try converting the Sample file (Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Data\Sample.fdb).

Malcolm Green
(26-May-2017, 07:18 PM)admin Wrote:
(21-May-2017, 03:08 AM)Nannette Wrote: I rebooted, to no avail. I am still getting the same message. There is no syncing going on, no backup to MyCloud...nothing! What to do now, any suggestions? BTW, I'm doing this via USB.

Nannette

Strange problem which we've not seen before.  In order to determine whether the problem is specific to your file or general, please try converting the Sample file (Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Data\Sample.fdb).

Malcolm Green
The sample file converted, however, I have never opened this file in Legacy 9.0. After upgrading the sample file to 9.0 it converted on Families just fine. So it seems to be my file. I have run check and maintenance and it still won't convert. I do have a lot of unlinked documents and photos as I've been doing some major clean-up. Could those be the cause of this problem? These would take forever and a day to clear up, but if that's what I need to do, then I have no other choice.

Nannette
I have solved the issue. Not sure what the problem was, but I simply saved the family tree to a different file name and all is well again. Thank you for all of you input and suggestions - everyone!