Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 2.1.8.0
I have been unable to install Version 2.1.8.0. I have tried a number of times and it will not install. I am still running Windows 7. I am not sure if this is the problem. Do I have to update to the latest version?
(22-May-2017, 03:49 AM)Pete33 Wrote: I have been unable to install Version 2.1.8.0. I have tried a number of times and it will not install. I am still running Windows 7. I am not sure if this is the problem. Do I have to update to the latest version?

No, it will work OK on Windows 7.  What problem are you seeing?  Please send a screenshot with any error messages.

Malcolm Green
(22-May-2017, 08:13 AM)admin Wrote:
(22-May-2017, 03:49 AM)Pete33 Wrote: I have been unable to install Version 2.1.8.0. I have tried a number of times and it will not install. I am still running Windows 7. I am not sure if this is the problem. Do I have to update to the latest version?

No, it will work OK on Windows 7.  What problem are you seeing?  Please send a screenshot with any error messages.

Malcolm Green

I download the file no problems (13 times now) and all goes well till I click on the "Run" button  and nothing happens. The "Run" screen disappears and the screen goes blank. I would of thought some sort of Install Wizard would start once I clicked on the Run button, but nothing happens at all.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Does Task Manager show the program running?  Try right-clicking the exe file and click "Run as Administrator".

Malcolm Green
Yes, that worked. Thank you very much, however when I was installing it, it came up with a message saying the installed program is a later version, but when I opened Families Sync it asked me if I wanted to update to the latest version. I'm a bit confused.