Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation aborted on transfer 'of sqlite to iPhone
I have had successful transfer to iPod/iphone with no problems the last several years. The last few times I have tried, the sqlite file creates with no errors. When I try the transfer operation, it aborts with the message "Unrecognized database format filename.sqlite". Have tried with USB and with WiFi and get same results. I am using Legacy 8.0.0.602, Families on PC (Windows 10) is V2.1.8.0 and on iPhone is V2.5.0. Any suggestions? thanks
(01-Jun-2017, 06:06 AM)rmitton Wrote: I have had successful transfer to iPod/iphone with no problems the last several years. The last few times I have tried, the sqlite file creates with no errors. When I try the transfer operation, it aborts with the message "Unrecognized database format filename.sqlite". Have tried with USB and with WiFi and get same results. I am using Legacy 8.0.0.602, Families on PC (Windows 10) is V2.1.8.0 and on iPhone is V2.5.0. Any suggestions? thanks

Is the error on Windows or on the phone?

Malcolm Green
admin
(01-Jun-2017, 06:06 AM)rmitton Wrote: I have had successful transfer to iPod/iphone with no problems the last several years. The last few times I have tried, the sqlite file creates with no errors. When I try the transfer operation, it aborts with the message "Unrecognized database format filename.sqlite". Have tried with USB and with WiFi and get same results. I am using Legacy 8.0.0.602, Families on PC (Windows 10) is V2.1.8.0 and on iPhone is V2.5.0. Any suggestions? thanks

Is the error on Windows or on the phone?

Malcolm Green
error comes up on the windows tablet.
I have upgraded Legacy to V9, deleted and reinstalled Families on the PC/Tablet and on the iPhone. The same error occurs on the Windows Tablet. Any suggestions? thanks.
(07-Jul-2017, 03:16 AM)rmitton Wrote: I have upgraded Legacy to V9, deleted and reinstalled Families on the PC/Tablet and on the iPhone. The same error occurs on the Windows Tablet. Any suggestions? thanks.

Please send a screenshot showing the error.

Malcolm Green
Thanks for reply Malcolm. Attached are 4 screenshots:

/Users/roymitton/Dropbox/Screenshot (1).png
/Users/roymitton/Dropbox/Screenshot (2).png
/Users/roymitton/Dropbox/Screenshot (3).png
/Users/roymitton/Dropbox/Screenshot (4).png

1 and 2 are the successful creation of the sqlite file of my family master and the attempted writing of it to the iPhone showing operation aborted. #3 and 4 are the same using the Legacy Sample file to confirm problem is not something in my master.
Cheers!
Roy
(07-Jul-2017, 11:15 PM)rmitton Wrote: Thanks for reply Malcolm. Attached are 4 screenshots:

1 and 2 are the successful creation of the sqlite file of my family master and the attempted writing of it to the iPhone showing operation aborted. #3 and 4 are the same using the Legacy Sample file to confirm problem is not something in my master.
Cheers!
Roy

I don't see the screenshots.  Could you email them to support@telgen.co.uk please.

Malcolm Green
(08-Jul-2017, 02:15 PM)admin Wrote:
(07-Jul-2017, 11:15 PM)rmitton Wrote: Thanks for reply Malcolm. Attached are 4 screenshots:

Cheers!
Roy

I don't see the screenshots.  Could you email them to support@telgen.co.uk please.

Malcolm Green

The problem was resolved offline.   It was caused by a misunderstanding of the use of the "Convert Family File" option.

Malcolm Green