Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't see new file in list
I have two Android devices, a phone and a tablet.  Both Samsung.  My problem is with the phone, a Galaxy S if I recall correctly, model SM-G9001, running Android version 6.0.1.

I updated Families from Legacy just now, no problems with the actual file conversion and copying it over to the devices, but on the phone I cannot see the new file in the list when I start Families.  It's fine on the tablet.

I've looked into the files on the phone itself, and the file is there in the same folder as the old file and the sample file.  But it just isn't there to be selected in the app itself.

I've rebooted the phone (twice).

Playstore is telling me that the app is up-to-date.  I've got version 2.5.0 (111)

Any ideas, please?

Thanks.  :-)

Wendy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-Jun-2017, 08:42 AM)wendyh65 Wrote: I have two Android devices, a phone and a tablet.  Both Samsung.  My problem is with the phone, a Galaxy S if I recall correctly, model SM-G9001, running Android version 6.0.1.

I updated Families from Legacy just now, no problems with the actual file conversion and copying it over to the devices, but on the phone I cannot see the new file in the list when I start Families.  It's fine on the tablet.

I've looked into the files on the phone itself, and the file is there in the same folder as the old file and the sample file.  But it just isn't there to be selected in the app itself.

Playstore is telling me that the app is up-to-date.  I've got version 2.5.0 (111)

Any ideas, please?

Wendy

If you transferred the file using USB, you'll need to check the Families app setting "Use External Storage".

Malcolm Green
That did it. Thank you Malcolm! :-)
Hi Malcolm
I have transferred my Legacy file to Families on my Galaxy s8+ - it is in the files area of the telgen app - but when i go to the app there is no data showing - in fact the file does not appear - i have the app setting st external storage - i have added the file name but no data is showing - i am using build 2.5.0 (111)

I hope you can help as I am travelling OS on Thursday and need the data on my phone
Helen
(18-Sep-2017, 08:29 AM)hpconnor@bigpond.com Wrote: Hi Malcolm
I have transferred my Legacy file to Families on my Galaxy s8+ - it is in the files area of the telgen app - but when i go to the app there is no data showing - in fact the file does not appear - i have the app setting st external storage - i have added the file name but no data is showing - i am using build 2.5.0 (111)

I hope you can help as I am travelling OS on Thursday and need the data on my phone
Helen

The location of the file may depend on how you transferred it.  Try with "Use external storage" both checked and unchecked.

Malcolm Green
(02-Jun-2017, 08:42 AM)wendyh65 Wrote: I have two Android devices, a phone and a tablet.  Both Samsung.  My problem is with the phone, a Galaxy S if I recall correctly, model SM-G9001, running Android version 6.0.1.

http://govtbankjob.com/

Any ideas, please?

Wendy
(14-Oct-2017, 08:03 PM)GOVTBANKJOB Wrote:

http://govtbankjob.com/

Any ideas, please?

Wendy

Did you transfer using USB?  If so, is "Use external storage" checked?  If not, please do so.

Malcolm Green