Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromebook
Hello:

I have an ASUS Chromebook Flip. Have followed all the instructions, but when i enter the address in Families Sync, I get a message "Unable to connect to the remote server"

Wayne
(18-Jun-2017, 11:45 PM)wmorgan Wrote: Hello:

I have an ASUS Chromebook Flip. Have followed all the instructions, but when i enter the address in Families Sync, I get a message "Unable to connect to the remote server"

Wayne
What is the address shown in Families?  It should be of the form 192.168.n.n.  If not, you may have a networking problem.  You can try the transfer using USB.

Malcolm Green
(22-Jun-2017, 04:15 PM)admin Wrote:
(18-Jun-2017, 11:45 PM)wmorgan Wrote: Hello:

Wayne
What is the address shown in Families?  It should be of the form 192.168.n.n.  If not, you may have a networking problem.  You can try the transfer using USB.

Malcolm Green
The Families address was of the traditional. I have an Android phone and tablet, and it worked fine. Chromebook is cllose too being an Android device, so I anticipated it would work. I don't relish the usb transfer.

Wayne
(24-Jun-2017, 03:34 AM)wmorgan Wrote: The Families address was of the traditional. I have an Android phone and tablet, and it worked fine. Chromebook is cllose too being an Android device, so I anticipated it would work. I don't relish the usb transfer.

Wayne

Please open Command Prompt on your PC and type:
ping <address>

where <address> is the address shown by Families without the ":5050".

If you have a network connection between your PC and Chromebook, this will show "Reply from ...".  If that works then enter the full address in a browser and you should see a page headed "Family Files".  If you don't get a reply to the ping then you need to investigate your networking setup.   

Malcolm Green