Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync error
I have been trying to update/sync my iPhone and iPad.   Computer using Win 8.1 

iPhone7 went perfectly.

iPad air, well, not so much.  Have received the same error message several times.  2 last night, 1 just now.  I turned the computer off completely last night.  Updated the Families Sync on the computer last night BEFORE the successful update on the iPhone.

I hard/cold booted the iPad just now before I tried and sync failed once again.

This is the error message:

Transfer to device failed: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

The iPad has 46.17 Gigs of storage available.

Suggestions needed.

Thanks.
(20-Jul-2017, 11:59 PM)CABS Wrote: I have been trying to update/sync my iPhone and iPad.   Computer using Win 8.1 

iPhone7 went perfectly.

iPad air, well, not so much.  Have received the same error message several times.  2 last night, 1 just now.  I turned the computer off completely last night.  Updated the Families Sync on the computer last night BEFORE the successful update on the iPhone.

I hard/cold booted the iPad just now before I tried and sync failed once again.

This is the error message:

Transfer to device failed: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

The iPad has 46.17 Gigs of storage available.

Suggestions needed.

Thanks.

Please send a screenshot showing the error.

Malcolm Green
Photo 
Screen shot, attached, I hope.  New to the forum, still stumbling around a bit to find stuff.  Happens.  Thanks.

Carol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(21-Jul-2017, 06:49 PM)CABS Wrote: Screen shot, attached, I hope.  New to the forum, still stumbling around a bit to find stuff.  Happens.  Thanks.

Carol

This is an unusual error which we've not seen before, but indicates a memory problem at the PC end.  What is the size of the sqlite file being transferred?  Please try the following:

- Select the Families sync screen on your iPad
- In a browser window on your PC, enter the full address as displayed on the iPad.  You should see a page headed "Family Files".
- Click "Choose file", select your sqlite file, then click "Upload".

Malcolm Green
(25-Jul-2017, 11:42 AM)admin Wrote: This is an unusual error which we've not seen before, but indicates a memory problem at the PC end.  What is the size of the sqlite file being transferred?  Please try the following:

- Select the Families sync screen on your iPad
- In a browser window on your PC, enter the full address as displayed on the iPad.  You should see a page headed "Family Files".
- Click "Choose file", select your sqlite file, then click "Upload".

Malcolm Green

Malcolm, I have not had a spare moment to look at this, I'll have to wander around and see if I can find the size of the sqlite file, in the meantime, for future reference, I am currently running Legacy Deluxe, Build date of Mary 20 2017.  Version 8.0.0.596.  See attachment for the number of individuals, etc.

Thank you.

I believe I found the file info you requested, a file named  Data.sqlite (data is the name of the file I am trying to transfer), dated, 7/20/2017 is 1.16 gigs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Malcolm. I finally had the time to try your fix. It did work.

I suspect, this fault will occur again. ??

It will be months before I will update again.

I thank you for the fix.