Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't sync
Huh  Hi, I have had the app for some time, but don't back up regularly (unfortunately) as it doesn't seem overly intuitive. However went to back up yesterday and I couldn't get it to open up on my PC. I went back and fore and kept getting the message "Only 1 instance of Families Sync is allowed" and an OK box. I have no idea what this means. I got fed up and uninstalled then reinstalled several times. Same error message. I had another go today with same message recurring. So I went for lunch, and lo and behold when I came back the app was OPEN although not responding, so I had to close it. Since then I still can't get it open. Single click does nothing, double click brings up error message. Any bright ideas, please?
(13-Aug-2017, 08:14 AM)konstadt Wrote: Huh  Hi, I have had the app for some time, but don't back up regularly (unfortunately) as it doesn't seem overly intuitive. However went to back up yesterday and I couldn't get it to open up on my PC. I went back and fore and kept getting the message "Only 1 instance of Families Sync is allowed" and an OK box. I have no idea what this means. I got fed up and uninstalled then reinstalled several times. Same error message. I had another go today with same message recurring. So I went for lunch, and lo and behold when I came back the app was OPEN although not responding, so I had to close it. Since then I still can't get it open. Single click does nothing, double click brings up error message. Any bright ideas, please?

I'm not sure what the relevance is of the comment regarding backup.

The message means what it says, i.e. you already have an instance of Families Sync running.  Use Alt-Tab to cycle through your running programs until you find it, or use Task Manager.  If you still have a problem, just reboot and start again.

Malcolm Green
Thanks Malcolm for your reply. When/if Families runs, I can't see it and neither can Task Manager. On both occasions when I have actually got the screen up on my PC, it has been unresponsive, I don't know why, I've not had a problem with it before. Thank you for the Alt-tab tip, I didn't know about that. I'll try again another day. Cheers.