Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just transferrred One Million name database
This is a great iPad iPhone app. My Legacy FamilyTree database has over one million names. the Families app created a 908MB file that loaded perfectly. As far as I can tell everything's there: events, notes, etc.

This is one great app that any Legacy software user who has an iPad should get!!!!

Thanks Malcolm for a great genealogy app - I'm looking forward to even greater updates.
I only have about 9000+ records in my family file but I had a rough time loading it. I used a wifi connection and it seemed to load ok but nothing showed up on the families list other than the Kennedy sample. I tried downloading a second time and this time noticed that a popup window announcing a .net error appeared at the end of downloading. Still no family file! I tried a third time, got no .net error, and all was well. I did notice that one of the dates that is shown as Dec 1972 in my Legacy file shows up as just 1972 in Families. I haven't done much with it yet other than load the file but will probably be using it heavily this weekend as I am attending a big family reunion and will attempt to show it off to all the other family genealogists!
(05-Oct-2010, 01:01 AM)SanFranGenealogist Wrote: This is a great iPad iPhone app. My Legacy FamilyTree database has over one million names. the Families app created a 908MB file that loaded perfectly. As far as I can tell everything's there: events, notes, etc.

This is one great app that any Legacy software user who has an iPad should get!!!!

Thanks Malcolm for a great genealogy app - I'm looking forward to even greater updates.

Have 64Gb iPad and use legacy on my PC.Would appreciate any advice on whether Families will allow me to constantly update data on the iPad and transfer/sync update to Legacy on PC and vice versa. Sounds highly possible but does it really work so easily??
Hi

I have iphone 3 with 8 gb

My Legacy file has almost 400,000 names

Before I purchase the program to put Legacy Family Tree on my iphone - i need to know if it will fit

Do you know if or how i can find out if it will fit

I am not techo skilled !!!!

Thanks
(19-Feb-2011, 04:50 AM)caad9 Wrote: Hi

Before I purchase the program to put Legacy Family Tree on my iphone - i need to know if it will fit

Thanks

Check how much free space you have on your phone (Settings>General>About>Available). The size required will depend on the number of photos you transfer as well as the number of individuals in the database but if you have at least 1 GB available you should be OK. If necessary you may be able to free up some space by deleting unused files.

Malcolm Green
(19-Feb-2011, 09:41 AM)malgre Wrote:

Thanks

Check how much free space you have on your phone (Settings>General>About>Available). The size required will depend on the number of photos you transfer as well as the number of individuals in the database but if you have at least 1 GB available you should be OK. If necessary you may be able to free up some space by deleting unused files.

Malcolm Green

(19-Feb-2011, 10:28 AM)caad9 Wrote:
(19-Feb-2011, 09:41 AM)malgre Wrote:

Thanks

Malcolm Green

Thank you - much appreciated - I have almost nil on my phone - so plenty of space
Amazing - brilliant - fantastic - all on my iphone - almost 400,000 names - I can't believe how simple and fast to transfer all the data - and yes - it's all there !!!!

WOW !!!!!!

Thank you for an amazing product

forrest
Australia
Would someone kindly explain - in simple steps - how to update the legacy family tree files - from PC - to iphone

Do I just make a new sqlite file from legacy - and start again - or is there a simple process

Thanks

forrest (Australia)
(23-Feb-2011, 06:51 AM)caad9 Wrote: Would someone kindly explain - in simple steps - how to update the legacy family tree files - from PC - to iphone

Do I just make a new sqlite file from legacy - and start again - or is there a simple process

Thanks

forrest (Australia)

Run Families Sync - see help section "Transferring Family Files".

Malcolm Green