- GEDCOM 5.5.1 plus support for many custom tags
- ASCII, ANSI, ANSEL, UTF-8 character sets
- Multiple family files
- New family files can be created from scratch
- Family View, Pedigree View, Descendant View and Timeline
- Index, searchable by Given Name, Surname or ID
- Events and facts
- Locations and Addresses, with geolocation via Google Maps
- Alternate Names
- Pictures, including the ability to add pictures from camera or photo album
- Portrait and Landscape mode on all views
- Full screen support on the iPad
GedFamilies uses a highly efficient database implementation, allowing very large family files to be supported.
A sample family file is included.
GedFamilies requires a companion program running on a Windows PC to transfer family files to and from the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. This program, GedFamilies Sync, can be downloaded free of charge from here. GedFamilies Sync transfers files using either a Wi-Fi network connection or a USB cable between the device and the PC. To use USB transfer to or from an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, iTunes must be installed on the PC. It is also recommended that iTunes is installed when using a Wi-Fi transfer as this enables GedFamilies Sync to automatically detect when your device is ready for a transfer.
For support and exchange of information with other users, please use the GedFamilies Forum.